WHY STUDY ECONOMICS IN ANCHOR UNIVERSITY?
1. The Department of Economics at Anchor University, houses some of the best academic staff members as far as Economics expertise is concerned. We expose our students to different areas of Economic Science and some of these are: Economics of Production, Industrial Economics, Energy Economics, Monetary Theory and Policy, International Economics, Health Economics and Development Economics. Others are: Economic Theory (Micro and Macro-economics, Econometrics, Labour/Human Capital, History of Economic Thoughts, Comparative Economic Analysis, Economic History, among others. Our products are well-grounded, as our programmes are of first-class grade with well-equipped Econometrics Laboratory for data analyses.
2. Anchor University is a faith-based, private university owned by Deeper Christian Life Ministry, offering a serene, safe and uninterrupted academic calendar that promotes suitable environment for effective teaching/learning activities. The University environment provides not less than 18 hours of electricity and 24 hours of water supply daily. The University in general and the Department of Economics in particular, is thus designed to raise young men and women who are sound morally and possess exceptional academic brilliance in a godly ambiance. The curriculum of Economics programme, adopts a holistic approach that develops the total man: spirit, soul and body towards raising young men and women who are academically sound and spiritually vibrant for national and global transformation.
3. The Department of Economics is driven by God-given core values of Godliness, Excellence, Transparency, Competence, Courage, Dependability, and Resourcefulness. These core values, underscore the uniqueness of our University among others as they are the foundation for all we do in all Departments and Faculties in the University.
4. Anchor University is centrally located in the hub of micro and small-scale businesses, located within the immediate environment of the campus. The nearness of the University to both the Agbara and Ota Industrial Estates in Ogun State, the Ikeja Industrial Estates, the Computer village in Ikeja, as well as the Alaba International Electronic and Household goods markets, are all opportunities for the students of Economics to have a rich mix of town and gown experiences during their period of study in the Economics Department of Anchor University.
5. Strong job prospects: A degree in Economics in Anchor University, located in Ayobo-Ipaja, with all the viable business and industrial environment around it, enhances the opportunities of gaining hands-on experiences in many areas of employment opportunities. Opportunities abound for gaining practical knowledge of how the world works, as well as a variety of highly transferable skills that are sought after, by a range of industries and employers. Examples of the jobs that graduates of Economics of Anchor University can pursue include: Stock-broking, Market Research Economist, Industrial Survey and Data analysis using any relevant statistical packages, Investment analysis, Accounting and Financial Analysis, Business Consulting, among many others.
6. With a large number of Accredited Higher Institutions of learning in the axes of Lagos (where Anchor University is located), and the adjoining Ogun State, graduates of Economics from Anchor University interested in Teaching and Research-related employment finds it easy to apply for and pick up such jobs.
7. Last but nevertheless the least is the fact that Anchor University has affiliations with a number of world class institutions in Nigeria and other countries of the world, with which the Department of Economics is having a working relationship. This facilitates and enhances exchange programmes for staff members and students for the needed international exposures and international competitiveness in the field of Economics and allied studies offered in the Department.
You are therefore welcome to an exciting study in Economics at Anchor University.