Co-ordinator; Directorate of International Affairs and Linkages (DIAL)
The Directorate of International Affairs and Linkages (DIAL), Anchor University, Ayobo, Lagos was established in 2017 under the Vice Chancellor’s Office to promote, support and co-ordinate all facets of international education activities in the University. These activities include international students and staff exchanges, research collaborations and publications, and information sharing, all aimed at enhancing the international image of the University.
The Directorate is strongly committed to promoting collaborations and linkages with local and foreign institutions and agencies. The Directorate explores and creates the opportunity for students and staff to complete their Degrees, Post-Graduate Degrees, Ph.D. and post-doctoral programmes abroad, sometimes at a reduced cost as agreed by partnering Universities who sometime grant scholarships.
The Directorate co-ordinates all of the university’s external relations with regards to international students, visiting scholars, external staff training programmes and research collaboration. The office offers a variety of services to international students and scholars from reception and orientation programmes to volunteer opportunities. We also provide Anchor University students with opportunities to study abroad.
Within the first four years of existence, the University has six (6), signed and active Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with Universities and International organizations in USA, Germany and India, while processing of MOUs with other partner organizations is ongoing.
WHAT WE DO AT DIAL
DIAL acts as the central coordinator and facilitator of all internationally related initiatives and activities in the following ways: –
- Assists international students with visa matters, travel arrangements and other immigration issues.
- Receives international students on arrival and ensure their integration into the university community.
- Organizes orientation programmes for international students who come for one semester to one academic year.
- Promotes and advertises the university’s programmes and activities to International students and researchers.Arranges adequate guidance and counseling facilities for all international students.
- Co-ordinates placement for all international students and university scholars.
- Serves as the central point for the management of all international agreements between Anchor University and other universities.
- Facilitates the establishment of collaborative research agreements and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) in order to foster funding and increase research output.
- Creates a comprehensive information base of all external assistance programmes.
- Organizes students and staff exchange programmes.
For further information, kindly contact:
4th Floor, Administrative Building,
Phone: +234(0) 803-713-8892 (Telephone & Whatsapp)