In the Department of Business Administration, the programme is focused on the acquisition of profound theoretical and practical knowledge to equip the students to face the challenges of self-reliance that will enable them to contribute to national development and be able to cope with problems of the environment, the wider society and live in co-operation with others. The programme’s drive is to encourage high integrity, self-reliance, competence, excellence and depth in knowledge. Consequently, the programme emphasizes professional education of the entire individuals and the provision of the requisite background for effective performance.
To be a citadel of learning for holistic human transformation and development
To impart the necessary knowledge, attitude and skills that would enable the graduate become self-reliant practitioners, leaders with godly integrity and researchers with global relevance.
Our objectives are:
- To provide the basic knowledge needed for comprehension, analysis, synthesis and evaluation of problems related to the administration of industrial, business, commercial, public and private organizations.
- To equip with the knowledge and skills required for identifying and defining problems and to take appropriate decisions, using the techniques and tools of the administrative science and related disciplines.
- To acquire a thorough knowledge of scientific research processes and procedures for investigating issues and problems in management and administration.
- To inculcate an awareness of, and, sensitivity to environmental factors and conditions; the utilisation of administrative knowledge in making appropriate decision and proposing solutions to business problems.
- To help students in acquiring leadership skills, human relations, and communicative skills needed for managing human organizations.
- To integrate the interdisciplinary and eclectic nature of administrative studies.
- To produce managerial manpower with appropriate knowledge, skills and aptitude to handle the ever growing and changing business environment.